Change...this time it's for me, my
benefit, not anyone else's. That is the only way one can truly make a
difference in a life-long cycle of habitual disappointments.
Therefore, I take aim at living a
healthier life in all aspects. So I am focusing on shedding this pregnancy
weight one step at a time. During the first two weeks postpartum, I rapidly
lost 30 lbs and found (still) giant flaps of skin hanging off of me. S.M.
suggested that I eat to gain back some of that weight and then try and tone
that area gradually losing the weight. I barely remember much of that conversation
or others like it. However, I have gained a modicum of weight back, in hopes of dropping it the proper way this time.
This past weekend I tackled the
clutter of clothes that no longer fit and was able to fill the whole trunk of
my mom's car with an assortment of sizes and styles that no longer fit me or my
new postpartum figure. Many of the clothes I tried on and they just barely fit,
but the fashion aspect was horrendous or just not my style. Some I held up to
my waist and shook my head in disgust... I even tried on one of those slim your
belly contraptions and the damn thing would NOT close! The back brace did the
same even with the extenders. I am stuck at a size in clothing I thought not possible
in my wildest dreams or (nightmares). However, I will NOT reveal that number.
Clothes, nutrition, exercise, sleep,
positive well-being... I think these are some of the keys to my 3-legged
milk-stool (Thank you Sheldon, The Big Bang Theory) of success. Umm I forgot where I was going with this.....thanks a lot postpartum brain.... Oh yeah,
Let me make some easy goals based
on nutrition. I'm really trying to focus on life-long healthy eating habits for
the long haul; therefore here is a semi-realistic resolution:
- Goal 1. Eat 2 servings of fruit and 2 servings of veggies every day. Now, I thought I was doing this already (ugh) but when I took an honest look at my diet, I found myself very lacking, especially in veggies, got the fruits down (somewhat).
- Goal 2. Have only 1 sweet treat per day. I have a huge sweet tooth and will graze on chocolate, peanut butter cookies (that I made with 1.5 cups of sugar), Dove dark chocolates, etc... Throughout the day (but especially in the evenings) and then feel terrible about it later on, so why not just finish off the rest, that goes for kettlecorn popcorn as well... If I give myself permission to have just one sweet thing has really helped me to be more thoughtful about what I choose to eat and truly savor it. Thus there are some days where I don't even want it (just one sweet thing) at all! (Yeah right, like that could happen)...
- Goal 3. Have just 1 healthy snack between meals. Did I mention once again, I am a grazer, so I would take handfuls of snacks here and there throughout the day, thus I often find myself not hungry at mealtimes (but I eat it anyway to avoid disappointing the cook). Planning snacks ahead of time helps me have something to look forward to between meals.
- Goal 4. Eat several small meals instead of one giant meal a day. Nuff said.
- goal 5. Pamper me daily. (do one small thing)
These goals are building a strong foundation for healthy living not a diet.
my goal for fitness.
TWO days a week of cardio (which is walking with the shopping
cart at Wal-Mart right now) and one day of strength, which I really need to
focus on again...I lost all of my muscles and tone during this
pregnancy! I think some atrophying even began to appear from all that sedentary…
However, having difficulties lifting much more than our cat...
Oh, I rode the exercise bike last night for approximately an
hour, burned 381 calories, and gained a sore ASS!!!!
GNIGHT all....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
No comments:
Post a Comment