Monday, August 6, 2012

Affairs (not that kind)

I was attempting to straighten out all my affairs, especially the bills which have been accumulating in a pile of mail. I noticed a few discrepancies and have been dealing with customer service. After many dropped calls and transfers to different departments, I finally reached an understanding human. WOW!!! I could not believe it. When you call their 1-800-NUM-BER!, you are first greeted with an automated robot who doesn't seem to understand what you say or type in on your touch tone phone.
I was greeted with my current balance and "would you like to make a payment?" Normally, I just say agent and ignore that shit, well yesterday I was frustrated beyond all reason and after being transferred to different departments for the 7th time that day (at least) and that was in addition to the dropped calls and lost connections, I punched zero repeatedly, and FINALLY heard a soft spoken female voice. This young lady understood my frustrations and was willing to go above and beyond her call of duty. She stayed on the phone with me for a good hour and listened to me bitch about my bill and how life sucks as well as describe in brief detail what led up to my issues with nonpayment in full thus resulting in the installment plan. We spent the first 40 minutes going over each charge and fees accrued. She determined the initial cause of my problem and plans to actually call me back in 2 days when she goes back to work. Let's hope that this situation can be resolved because it is wearing my patience thin. 
Current solution: She suggested I watch a movie, be around friends, focus on family, relax, eat something and drink water and get some sleep. And last, but certainly not least, don't think about the phone's billing issues for 2 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment