Today's blog is my review on Matched (Book One in the trilogy). I read it
from March 29-30th, 2012. The reason I am mentioning it here is due to Crossed
(Book Two in the Matched Trilogy). I am currently reading this and let me tell
you...I have fallen asleep from sheer lack of appeal. The author did not live
up to my expectations.
I did not care for the euthanasia aspect of her grandfather's final banquet.
It made me cringe when the artifacts were taken away, especially from young
Bram, who wanted to hold on to something special from his grandfather. Cassia
is a young woman who starts to wonder when she sees Ky's face instead of
Xander's on her micro card. This sets the tone for her taking more interest and
spending time with Ky. I do wonder why the Official is never named.. Xander is
Cassia's childhood friend and she is thrilled to see him in a different way in
light of the match banquet. The Society seems to regulate everyone and
everything through threats of relocation and reassigning. Cassia starts
questioning her life and other aspects of the world where she resides.
The story ended without any true resolution so I am assuming that there will be
more to come in further books about Ky. I do wonder if my baby-to-be will grow
up in a world similar to this... When it said that Cassia's mother had her baby
at the cutoff of 31, this gave me great pause, as I will be 32 a few months
after my daughter will be born.(
No comments:
Post a Comment